I think the biggest hang-up many stampers have about signing up to be a demonstrator is that they are not interested in starting a business. To put it simply: most demonstrators don't join for the "business". I know I didn't. I signed up almost 10 years ago because I wanted a discount on everything I was already buying! I think most of us sign up "for the discount". So if you're not interested in starting a "business", that's okay! There's so much more to being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator than building a business!
Why I Love Being a Demonstrator:
- I love making new friends who love the same thing I do!
- I love taking road trips with friends to stamping events!
- I LOVE getting free stamps!
- I love being the first to see new things! (I love sneak peeks -- like the card above! More details on this technique to come tomorrow!)
- I love having a social outlet with grown-ups (this is huge for me since I am home with the kids all day!)
- I love making extra money to pay family bills -- like the mortgage and home insurance!
- I love getting the demonstrator magazine and learning new techniques!
- I love sharing ideas with other demonstrator, participating in card swaps, and inspiring each other to try new things!
- I love having an excuse to do something I love! (And being able to write off all my "toys" as a business expense!)
If you would enjoy these same things -- or any of the other perks of being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I hope you'll consider giving it a try!