Monday, February 2, 2009

More Color Inspiration

I'm not just inspired by the color challenges that I participate in each week, I also find my own color inspiration out and about, or right here in the house. From the moment I first saw this outfit for Elise (a gift from an old neighbor), I knew I had to make a card with these colors. I wouldn't have put the colors together myself, but they look so fresh.

I finally got around to making a card last week when I was playing with my Circle Scissor Plus.

Here's a close-up to show the flowers in better detail:

I am so happy with the way this card turned out. It's the card version of her pants, don't you think!? I even managed to work in the polka dot cuff!

What inspires you? Leave me a comment and let me know where your creative inspiration comes from!

Supplies: Garden Greetings, Chocolate Chip ink & cardstock, Whisper White cardstock, Pale Plum cardstock, Creamy Caramel cardstock, Bashful Blue cardstock, Orchid Opulence cardstock, Bella Rose DSP, Circle Scissor Plus, Little Leaves die for the Big Shot, Trio Flower Punch, Boho Blossoms flower punch, Scallop Edge Punch, Soft Subtles brads, Soft Subtles buttons

4 comments:

Lisa Wright said...

Very cute picture of Elise! And a very beautiful card! Sophie has the same exact outfit, but she is almost outgrown it.

Tara Kieninger said...

Love it - great inspiration piece!

Stacey Schafer said...

Elise is soooo darling in this plum outfit! and this is a fabulous inspiration! Love your card...not only is it a color inspiration, but also a great sketch!

Stacey Schafer said...

I put your color inspiration and the sketch from last week into action tonight. It will post on my blog Thursday morning:) Thanks!