Saturday, August 8, 2009

Diorama Bug Card

It's been awhile since I made a diorama card and I forgot how fun -- and easy -- they are! It's really much easier than it looks. Check out Diana Gibb's tutorial over on SCS.

I made this bright colored birthday bug diorama for one of the kid's friends. One difference between mine and the SCS tutorial is that I used the 1-3/4" Circle punch in the center of both the outer and middle layers so that you could see the greeting better. I like the different shape it gives the window.

Supplies: Bug & Kisses, Wow Flowers (greeting), Tempting Turquoise ink & cardstock, Green Galore ink & cardstock, Whisper White cardstock, Real Red ink, Basic Black ink, 1-1/4" & 1-3/8" Circle Punches, 1-3/4" Circle Punch, Sticky Strip, Stampin' Dimensionals

7 comments:

Tara Kieninger said...

I've been thinking about getting this set, but I know if I do, they'll retire it next year!

Tara Kieninger said...

By the way, super cute card!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! This is one of my favorite kids sets:)

Rene' Gillespie said...

I bet the child loved this card. I'm going to make them for my students! Love the catapiller--He's my favorite!

Caryl P said...

I havent' seen a card like this before, I love it and I'm sure the recipient did too!

ThreadCatcher said...

Diorama cards look so cool but seem like they would be difficult to make. I will have to check out the tutorial and see if it's as bad as I imagine. Cute card! jmniffer

Shannon Jauregui said...

I have been wanting this set and now to see what you have done with it even more so makes me want to get it. I'm just afraid that they will retire it next year...but that's ok I still really like it. And I think that your blog is GREAT!