Thursday, September 11, 2008

Paper Pieced Sock Monkey

Darn this Sock Monkey!! I wasn't going to buy this set, but I've seen too many cute samples...I finally broke down and got it! This is another card from my All Occasions Card Class.

To get the texture on his body, I stamped the Canvas background on a piece of Creamy Caramel cardstock. I stamped the Sock Monkey over it. Then, I cut out the body and part of the face and glued them on to the sock monkey stamped on the Very Vanilla cardstock. (This technique is called paper piecing.) I used the Real Red marker to color his mouth and his bottom.

Supplies: Sock Monkey stamp set, Chocolate Chip ink& cardstock, Creamy Caramel cardstock, Real Red marker & cardstock, Very Vanilla cardstock, So Saffron marker & cardstock, Junior Varsity DSP, Small & Large Oval Punches, Stampin' Dimensionals

2 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

you caved! i had a feeling you would:) Mr. Monkey is too cute here with his canvas look!

Cindy Malone said...

Wow, you really are in love with that Monkey :-D I'm not much of a sock monkey fan but yours do look good.