Monday, September 1, 2008

Super Star Birthday Card

Here's the next card in my birthday bash bunch. I stuck with the stars; they seemed to be a safe choice for a masculine card. This one is for my brother-in-law. Don't tell him that my inspiration for it came from Stacey's first Jewelry Color Inspiration Challenge! I dropped the Pacific Point and only used Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, and Whisper White. I really like this color combo! Thanks for the inspiration, Stacey!

The card is pretty simple in layout. My favorite part is the medallion I made with the Scallop Circle Punch. First, I stamped the image from the Starring You stamp set in Not Quite Navy. I punched it out from Whisper White cardstock and then used Dotto (removable) adhesive to adhere it to copy paper (colored copy paper in the photo). I used the Scallop Circle to punch it again, this time lining up the scallops just a half scallop off. (See photo) I had seen this done before (not sure who originally thought it up), but this was the first time I had tried it. What a great way to get even more mileage out of that Scallop Circle punch!

Supplies: Starring You stamp set, Classic Backgrounds stamp set, Baja Breeze ink & cardstock, Not Quite Navy ink & cardstock, Whisper White cardstock, Crafters' Tool Kit, Scallop Circle Punch.

[The finished card measures 3" x 5".]

2 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

NICE one, Julie! I'm so glad you participated in my first challenge!

Anonymous said...

What a cute card and great color combo. Love the medallion!