Sunday, June 28, 2009

Limited Supply Challenge: June 2009

Last Thursday, I had a special stamping night with my Champaign customers. I called it "So You Think You Can Stamp" Night (I have to credit Emily Shelton for the clever name!) It was a customer appreciation event to thank everyone for a great year. We had a similar party after Stamp Club in Springfield two weeks ago. Both nights were so much fun! I enjoyed giving away free prizes and playing some stamping and color games. This year, I did a stamping challenge. I set out very limited supplies and each stamper created a card using only the supplies on the table.

These stamping supplies included: Flowers in Silhouette stamp, Sincere Salutations, Baja Breeze ink pad, Basic Gray ink pad, 1-3/4" Circle Punch, and one of each of the following: 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" Whisper White cardstock, 5" x 3" Baja Breeze cardstock, 5-3/8" x 2-5/8" Walk in the Park DSP, and 2" x 4" Whisper White cardstock. Each person was allowed to cut, tear, or omit any of the cardstock and paper, but could use no more than one of each piece.

I was amazed at how different all the cards were! Click here to see their creations.

Before I put everything away on Thursday night, I sat down and made my own card. I cut off the front edge of the card and adhered the DSP to the inside. I used another piece of the DSP for the stamped greeting on the front.

Wanna play along? Use the same limited supplies that we did and post a link to your sample in the comments section of this post. I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

2 comments:

ebshelt said...

I read your post the other day about your So You Think You Can Stamp night and thought, "What a clever name! THat sounds like a fun idea, I should try it!" When I read your post today, I remembered that I HAVE done this before! Though I'm pretty sure I didn't come up with the name myself...I'm sure I copied it from somoeone, because I'm not that clever!

Janet Strain said...

WOW! How cool! I just checked out everyone's designs. I just love the HUGE variety! :)