Wednesday, May 30, 2012

For All You Do Bookmark Card with Cutter Kit

This bookmark card was one of the make and takes we made at my Customer Appreciation Party earlier this month. We used the retiring Cutter Kit to perforate the cardstock between the flowers and the designer paper so that the bookmark can tear off and be used by the recipient.
 



I intended to film a video for this card, but ran out of time, so here's a quick photo that shows how I used the Cutter Kit. I adhered the stamped piece and designer paper to the card front, then laid it flat on the a cutting mat. I used the straight edge of one of my Big Shot cutting pads and lined it up where I wanted to perforate. Then I ran the perforating tool against the edge of the cutting pad. Slow and steady wins the race here. Make sure to keep it tight against the straight edge or it will get wavy and out of control.

The Cutter Kit also includes a cutting blade, scoring tool, and a 7-edge distressing tool (the part I use the most!). It's retiring and will not be available after May 31, so make sure to check it out in my Online Store today!

Stampin' Up! Supplies: For All You Do, Peach Parfait ink & cardstock, Poppy Parade ink, Pear Pizzazz ink, Whisper White cardstock, 2010-2012 In Color Patterns Designer Paper, Cutter Kit, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Peach Parfait Ribbon, White Baker's Twine

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Love this card with bookmark! How did you attach the bookmark to the card? What did you use to make the hole at the top of the bookmark? Thank you!

Debbie said...

Hi, since the cutter kit is retired, what do you think would make that perforation line to detach the bookmark? Thank you

Julie Davison said...

Hi Deborah! Blogger doesn't show me your email address so I can't reply directly to you. Not sure if you will see this or not, but I still have this tool in my garage sale stash and would be happy to send it to you! Send me an email! My email address is in the blog header and in the sidebar.