Friday, June 6, 2008

Chipboard Thanks Card

I really do CASE a lot. It's so easy to be inspired by all the beautiful cards in the catalog and that I see my fellow demonstrators create. Since I often don't have a lot of time to stamp, I find myself turning to these inspiration cards and making them over in a new way.

This card was CASEd from a card made by my sideline (fellow demonstrator) Lia Hege. I absolutely love the colors she chose: Sahara Sand for the base and So Saffron, Soft Sky, and Chocolate Chip for accents & embellishments.
I used the exact same layout as Lia's original card, but substituted some chipboard for the center flower stamp that she used. I used my Petals brass template to pierce around it. The window is punched with the scallop circle punch and the center flower from the Boho Blossoms punch. (Use the crop-a-dile to punch a hole for the clear rhinestone brad from the Pretties Kit.)

I love the "faux bow"...just tie a smaller piece of ribbon in a knot around a longer piece of ribbon and then adhere it flat to the card front. It's a great way to save ribbon and makes it much easier to get the ribbon to lay flat on the card.

Lia's original card had piercing on the Soft Sky cardstock in a line just above the ribbon. I wish now that I would have added that to this card. I think it will tie in well with the piercing around the chipboard.

No comments: