Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Watercolored Thank You Card

It's been awhile since I watercolored and I had forgotten how much I liked it. It makes me feel like an artist -- and even better yet, it's so much easier than it looks!
My very favorite tool for watercoloring is the Aquapainter. It's a paint brush with the water jar built right in to the handle. You have to be careful not to use too much water, but you get the hang of it after a couple of cards. On this card, I use drops of reinker in the coordinating ink pad lid (for a little more concentrated color than just pushing down on the ink pad to pick up color). I used Almost Amethyst, Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue (sky), and Blush Blossom. The Watercolor Paper is the most ideal medium for watercoloring because it accepts the water better without curling the cardstock. And it's pre-cut and ready to mount on your card front.

I added some sparkle to this card with a little bit of Dazzling Diamonds on the flowers and the dress. And it still needed something more, so I watercolored a small flower from the Pretties Kit and used mini glue dots to attach a half pearl and then more mini dots to attach it to the card front.

No comments: