Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Ruffled Ribbon Card

After seeing Tara's owl card with the ruffled ribbon last week, I just had to try it for myself. I went back to my trusty Round Tab Punch card and used the same layout, but substituted the rub-ons on ribbon for my own ruffled ribbon.

Making the ruffles was a little trickier than I thought it would be. It was hard to keep the ruffles even and straight, but I got into a rhythm after I started. As Tara described, I put the sticky strip on my card and then ruffled the ribbon as I adhered it down on the sticky strip.

Supplies: True Friend stamp set, Fresh Cuts stamp set (inside greeting), Pretties Kit, 3/4" Circle Punch, Groovy Guava textured cardstock and Classic ink, Afternoon Tea Designer Series paper, Chocolate Chip Poly-Twill ribbon, Round Tab Punch (to create window).