Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Get Whale Soon Gel Card

I've been wanting to make a gel card with the whale from the new Animal Stories stamp set and Stacey's new Curtain Call Color Challenge was the perfect opportunity! I used her monochromatic color combo to keep this card looking clean and simple.

I used a pocket of hair gel to create the illusion of water over the whale. Click here for more information about the water/gel technique.

I used two different circle punches to create the waves at the top of the card and punched the greeting from Pun Fun with the Word Window Punch.

Supplies: Animal Stories, Pun Fun, Night of Navy ink & cardstock, Not Quite Navy ink & cardstock, Whisper White cardstock, 3/4" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Word Window Punch, 2-Way Glue, Dazzling Diamonds, Hair Gel, Small Ziploc Baggie, Stampin' Dimensionals

10 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

a perfect technique for this darling set! you clever girl...look at those waves:) love it, Juls! Thanks for playing the Curtain Call Act 1!

Unknown said...

wow! Super cute card! and I love the hair gel technique...will have to give that one a go myself.

ThreadCatcher said...

I haven't made one of these gel cards in a long time. Your idea to pair it up with the whale is perfect! jmniffer

Caryl P said...

I've never even heard of using gel in a card, what a fun idea! I love the waves you created too. Nice card!

erin1805 said...

Wow! My granddaughters would love this one.

Kim said...

I love love love this card!

Rochelle said...

What a fun card! And great colors to make it with!

Cam said...

Super, super wow!!! Very clever. I'll have to try this technique. You always come up with such neat artwork. Thanks for sharing.

Janet Strain said...

What a great stamp to use with this technique! I've never done a gel card but I can't wait to...

Michelle Quinno said...

That is adorable!! Great idea on using hair gel. I may have to try this one!