Sunday, May 24, 2009

Say It With Scallops Series: Day 4

Our favorite babysitter is graduating high school today. We're going to miss her when she goes off to college at the end of the summer! We are attending her open house this afternoon. Her invitations were pink and brown, so I made a pink and brown card. I never figured out what to get her, so we're going with cold, hard cash. What graduate wouldn't love that!?

I remembered seeing this little peek-a-boo cash card at our demonstrator group meeting last week. (I think it was Rae Ann that brought it, but now I can't remember.) The design is very simple. It's basically a piece of cardstock that is scored/folded in two places to create a card with a pocket.

Here's the front view; I kept it pretty simple. (In hindsight, I wish I would have done a layered scallop circle in front instad of the square. Oh well...)

And the inside:

I used the 1-3/8" Circle Punch to create the window for Andrew Jackson to peek through.

The measurements for my card were 6-1/2" x 8-1/4" and I scored at 2-3/4" and 5-1/2".

Supplies: Say It With Scallops, Starring You (way to go), Pretty in Pink marker & cardstock, Close to Cocoa marker & cardstock, Whisper White cardstock, Small Star Punch, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Scallop Square Punch, Berry Bliss DSP (retired)

This set is not just for card-making! Check back tomorrow for a new non-card project using the Say It With Scallops stamp set. Click here for all the details on my virtual fundraiser.

3 comments:

Tara Kieninger said...

Very cute - I'm always looking for fun ways to put cash in a card.

Rae Anne Littrell said...

Love how you changed up the design and made it work for another occassion. I cased Dawn Olchefske.

Mary said...

Great job, love it.