Monday, May 25, 2009

Say It With Scallops Series: Day 5

I was inspired by the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge #33 when I created this 8-1/2" x 8-1/2" scrapbook page for Elise's book. The movie this week is Ever After. I just love this fairytale! I used a flourish, pink tones, and rhinestones to give these pages a princess sort of feel.

I used the thank you stamp from Say It With Scallops and covered up the greeting with a little square stamped with 6. (The number and "months" stamp come from the Short Order Numbers set.)

I mocked up the 2nd page, but I think I may change the photos before I finish it. I can't decide between other photos of Elise playing and eating or the photos from Hawaii and Easter of her wearing the same dress. Once I decide, I'll add journaling on the top note.

Supplies: Say It With Scallops, Baroque Motifs (flourish), Short Order Numbers, Rose Red ink & cardstock, Pretty in Pink ink & cardstock, Flower Fusion, Flower Fusion Too, Rhinestone Brads, Top Note die for the Big Shot, Crafter's Toolkit

Only one day left for the Say It With Scallop Virtual Fundraiser. Place any order on my website and I'll donate 20% to the Ronald McDonald House in Springfield, IL. And check back tomorrow for one last project using the Say It With Scallops stamp set.

5 comments:

Tara Kieninger said...

Cute, cute, cute (and so is your scrapbook page, ha ha!).

Nellie Mae said...

Sooo pretty!! Great work! I love your flourish!

Jessica said...

Love these pages, too cute! Wish I had your creativity - mine's hibernating right now.

Brooke S said...

I can't believe that you little angle is so big already.. You were just pregnant lst convention..

I was so excited to see your name on the play list.... YA!!! Julie.. I love the pages... So sweet.. Great colors... CUTEST baby ever...

Hugs
Brooke

Sankari W. said...

WOW!!! Julie - it is a total honor that you played along with us!! I have LONG been an admirer of your work and love all your creations for KW's challenges! you are such an inspiration! ANd your page inspired by Ever After is SO beautiful!!! First of all - what an adorable little princess!!! I love the way you did the flourish and I LOVE the way you documented the months - that is a great way to do it - I have to do that with my little one's scrapbook pages - thank you for the inspiration!

And thank you so much for playing along this week with us at the Cinema saturday challenge - I am so sorry that it has taken me this long to come and comment - this week has been insane with weddings, birthdays and graduation parties - but just wanted to take a minute to tell you how much I appreciate you playing along with us!!!!

I hope that you had a lot of fun and that you will join us again!!!
Sending you Big Hugs!!
Sankari :)