Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Friend to Friend BABW Card

I have to be honest, when I first saw all the Build-a-Bear Workshop products in the new Holiday Mini Catalog, I wasn't too excited. But I must admit, after seeing the demonstrations at Convention and seeing what my fellow demonstrators have been doing with their BABW dies and stamp sets...I broke down and bought it!

Here's my first card with the Beary Best Friends stamp set, using colors from Stacey's Curtain Call Color Challenge, Act 3.

I paper-pieced this card, meaning that I stamped the bear in black on Kraft, Vanilla, and the Razzleberry DSP and then cut out pieces from each to create the bear. The entire bear is popped up off the Top Note with Stampin' Dimensionals. The finished card size is 3" x 6".

Supplies: Beary Best Friends, Teeny Tiny Wishes, Jet-Black Staz-On ink, Kraft cardstock, Vanilla cardstock, Certainly Celery cardstock, Razzleberry Lemonade DSP, Top Note die for the Big Shot, Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon

Order Stampin' Up! Products Online, Anytime!

7 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

Oh my goodness! This is too stinkin' cute, Julie! Thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

Tara Kieninger said...

Love it - so far I'm resisting purchasing these.

Julianne said...

Wow Julie She is stunning ! I love the black outline - it makes the bear really stand out. And I love the papers that you have chosen for the clothes. She really pops off that top note die. Well done. I hope we get some of the Build a Bear down under in Australia

LeAnne said...

Very cute---I am with you, I am not too much into BAB, but I have seen some really creative things using this set!!!

Nancy B. - nacky71@hotmail.com said...

"Paper-piecing" looks super. Reminds me of paper dolls back when I was young ... a long, long time ago.

Unknown said...

Love it...and I have everything to make one myself! Thanks for sharing such a cute card!

Pam Speidel said...

Congratulations Julie on being selected as the Curtain Call Showstopper for the week! You Go Girl! Super cute build-a-bear card!