Thursday, September 10, 2009

Super Mario Birthday Party Invitation

You may remember from my cake and cupcake post last year that my son is a huge Super Mario fan. He's obsessed! And for this reason, I refuse to buy a Wii or a Nintendo DS because I know he would be on it ALL the time! So for now, he plays with his Mario figurines, reads his Mario comic book, watches the Super Mario Bros cartoon and looks forward to going to friend's or family's house to play the video game.

It's time for Thomas' birthday again and of course, he wants a Super Mario theme. Last year, I didn't make invitations (gasp!) to his very casual birthday park playdate. But this year, we worked together to make a Mario face from various Stampin' Up! punches. What do you think? Does it look like Mario?

Supplies: Family Phrases, Stars Jumbo Wheel, Brilliant Blue ink, Real Red marker, Whisper White cardstock, Brilliant Blue cardstock, Real Red cardstock, Basic Black cardstock, Close to Cocoa cardstock, Blush Blossom cardstock, Circle Scissor Plus (white circle behind face), Scallop Circle Punch (hair, mustache, eyebrows), 1-3/4" Circle Punch (top part of hat), Small Oval Punch (bottom/rim of hat), 3/4" Circle Punch (white circle on hat), 1-3/8" Circle Punch (face),1/4" Circle Punch (eyes), Double Circle Punch (eyes), 1/2" Circle Punch (nose, ears)

Order Stampin' Up! Products Online, Anytime!

19 comments:

Jessica said...

So cute! Definitely looks like Mario. Thomas should be thrilled.

Tina Joergens said...

Yep, that's pretty cool!
Have fun at regionals. Congrats on being choosen to demo-you're very good at it!

Lisa Wright said...

Awesome job recreating Mario! He's super! lol :) It's amazing what you can create with some punches!

Anonymous said...

How adorable! My kids would love this:) I will have to show this to them when they get home from school.

Lisa C. said...

Awesome Job, Julie! He totally looks like Mario! I bet your son is thrilled :-)

Mary Ashby said...

I'm blown away and just had to leave a comment! FANTASTIC job!

Lauren Cole said...

Julie - this looks awesome!! You are extremely creative.

S. Ferguson said...

Julie,
That is so fabulous! You are so talented and what a great Mom! Hope the party is just as wonderful.

Jana O'Brien said...

Very cool, Julie! I'm sure your son loved it. Heck, my son would love it, and he's 20!

Beth Jacobs said...

Awesome job... my son is obsessed with Mario and gang...

Stacey Schafer said...

genious!

Amy said...

Wow! Mario is so cute!

mrs. origami said...

i think it looks like him! great job!

Kimberly M said...

Mario is AWESOME!!! Great job!

lifesabeach32940 said...

How awesome!! He looks just like Mario!! You did a FANTASTIC job, and your son should be THRILLED. :)

Caryl P said...

This is officially awesome! I'll be singing the Super Mario brothers song for awhile now but have stuck the idea aside for when my nephew grows a bit older. Thanks for sharing!

Rachel said...

Awesome. My son is also obsessed. I can not wait to show him this!

Jen said...

OH WOW! I'm defiatly CASING this for my son's birthday party in December - he is a HUGE Mario fan - He dressed up like him for halloween last year too! Loved him in that mustach! lol
Thanks so much for making this - SO CUTE!!

Pat said...

My youngest (21) loves video games and of course he started with Mario so I am so going to make his birthday card using your design. TFS