Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Accordion Fold Card

I'm not sure what to call this card...it kind of has an accordion fold, so I'll go with that. I was trying to remake a card I made with the Just Like You stamp set, which is now retired. I didn't want to forget the layout before I sent that other card off, so I used the new Bella Rose paper and Flight of the Butterfly stamp set to come up with a new version. I'm not totally satisfied with this and I still like the original better. I guess I'll have to try this again with other paper and stamps when my new catalog order comes tomorrow.

The card base (Whisper White cardstock on this card) is 4-1/4" x 10-1/2". I scored at 5-1/2" and 8-1/2". (Basically, I folded the card in half and then folded the front flap back half way.)

The back inside of the card is covered with a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of the Bella Rose paper. I stamped the small butterfly and greeting from the Flight of the Butterfly stamp set in Pink Pirouette and Riding Hood Red on Whisper White cardstock (3-3/4" x 1-1/2") . I adhered that to Pink Pirouette cardstock (4" x 1-3/4") and then on to the flap of the card. To pick up the red, I added a torn strip of Riding Hood Red cardstock to the back of the flap.

Here's a picture of then card open. I would write the message on the white cardstock that does not show when the card is closed.

Supplies: Flight of the Butterfly stamp set, Bella Rose paper, Whisper White cardstock, Pink Pirouette ink & cardstock, Riding Hood Red ink & cardstock

No comments: