Sunday, August 10, 2008

Summer Vacation Mini Lunch Box Album

Today is the very last day to order from the Spring/Summer 2008 Collection, so I had to post just one last project using a retiring stamp set. I used the Ronald McDonald House Charities stamp set, Just Like You, to stamp the cover of this mini lunch box album.

I bought the mini lunch box at Target (in the Dollar Spot) a couple years ago. (Edited, 8-11-08: I hear that similar boxes are now on sale/clearance in the Target Dollar Spot, so check it out!) It had candy inside, so the outside had candy logos everywhere. (I think this one was originally Smarties.) The 5/8" Red Grosgrain Ribbon fit perfectly around the middle of the lunch box to over up the logo there. (I used sticky strip to adhere it in place.) I covered the front and back with cardstock, adhered with SNAIL adhesive. Inside the lunch box, is accordion-folded cardstock attached to the bottom of the box with a piece of sticky strip.


The pictures are from our summer vacation to St. Louis last year...exactly one year ago this week. It was our first real vacation with the kids and we spoiled them silly with attention and fun things to do. They didn't want to come home! I wish we had time to go again this year, but unfortunately, my hubby is running out of vacation days to use up. He's saving a few for when the baby comes! Maybe next summer...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love this thing. By the way, these ARE at Target right now and they are on clearance so only 50 cents! I got some this morning. :) They also had some SUPER cute pails in fun bright colors!