Thursday, August 7, 2008

KWerner Color Challenge #18

This week's KWernerDesign.com Color Challenge was, well, challenging. There was a lot of white in the inspiration image, but since Kristina didn't include it as one of the colors to use, I tried by best to use no white. The inspiration challenge colors were Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red, and either Summer Sun OR Green Galore. I didn't like the first card I made (the second one posted here), so I gave it another go.

Supplies (card above): Perfect Day Rub-Ons, Rose Red cardstock, Pumpkin Pie cardstock, Kiwi Kiss cardstock (I substituted this for the Summer Sun/Green Galore because I thought it was a nice in-between color), Basic Black ink & grosgrain ribbon, ticket corner punch, 5-Petal Flower Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

Supplies (card above): Eastern Blooms stamp set, Love & Happiness Rub-ons, Rose Red ink & cardstock, Pumpkin Pie ink & cardstock, Summer Sun ink & cardstock, Scallop Edge Punch, Black gingham ribbon. [Card is 3" x 6".]

7 comments:

Karen Giron said...

Very cute cards - I'm partial to the second one with the rub-on over all the colors. so nice!

Stacey Schafer said...

the rub ons look great with this trio!

Brooke S said...

Man were we all inspired by rub-ons this week.. I don't look until I have posted and wow a common tread. My fav is the 2nd card. Sorry I never ran into you at convention I will still swap if you e-mail me your address..
Hugs
Brooke

Vickie said...

oh my....I just love your second card!! Fantastic job with the color challenge!!

Sherri said...

They are both so cute, but I love your second one - super cute!

Shawntel said...

I love your cards, they are very cute! I love the idea of the rub on over multiple colors. Great Job!

Anonymous said...

You have great looking cards!I love the one with the 3 colors on black with the rub on over them.