Friday, August 29, 2008

Happy Day Scrapbook Page

I put this 8-1/2" x 8-1/2" scrapbook page together for Jay & Jilyan's party on Wednesday (thanks again for hosting, ladies!). These pictures of Claire are from Tuesday afternoon while we were waiting for Thomas to get home from his first day at pre-school! (Watch for that scrapbook page coming soon!) I started with a 6"x6" page (the Regal Rose square in the upper left corner) and then added it on to the 8-1/2" x 8-1/2" (which we now have a new chipboard album to accommodate!)

I just love the colors of the Georgia Peach DSP. I started with the strip of squares and added squares of color to the 8-1/2" x 8-1/2" page. A couple of them are squares of Georgia Peach DSP and a couple of them were stamped using the "Flight of the Butterfly" stamp set. One note: I used my marker to color only part of the greeting "hope your day is as happy as happy gets" and shortened it to "as happy as happy gets" which worked out better size-wise for my page and made more sense on the scrapbook page. I used the Love & Happiness rub-ons (from Sale-a-bration 2008) on the photo.

Supplies: Flight of the Butterfly stamp set, Georgia Peach DSP, Regal Rose ink/marker/cardstock, Old Olive ink & cardstock, So Saffron ink & cardstock, Regal Rose 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Love & Happiness Rub-ons

4 comments:

RuthieB said...

Julie! That is precious! She has a beautiful smile just like her momma!

Janet Strain said...

Oooo I love this! Such cute colors and such a cutie little girl. :) I never thought of using rub-ons ON pictures... cool!

Stacey Schafer said...

what a little darling Claire is! love the page, Juls!

Tara Kieninger said...

What a great page! Claire is so sweet.